Business Licence & Bylaw Services

Important Contacts

Darren Oike
Director of Protective Services /
Fire Chief

Phone: 250-256-4289

Jennifer Davidson
Bylaw Officer
Phone: 250-256-4289

Lillooet Municipal Hall
615 Main Street
P.O. Box 610
Lillooet, BC V0K 1V0
Phone: 250-256-4289
Fax: 250-256-4288

Related Links


The Bylaw Department is mandated to increase public safety within the municipal scope, uphold minimum community standards known as bylaws, reduce social nuisances and liability risk for taxpayers, and ensure District agreements, permits, and process requirements are fulfilled.

To meet this mandate, the District's Bylaw Officer fields complaints from citizens, other District departments, and outside agencies. The Officer interprets bylaws, monitors and investigates matters, mediates, and enforces using education, warnings, and legal recourse as appropriate to the particular case. Voluntary compliance is always the goal and also the typical outcome.

Common Bylaw Department topics are listed below.

The Bylaw Officer patrols the community on a varying schedule. Patrols enable the officer to observe violations in progress and most importantly, provide a preventative enforcement presence. However, enforcement of bylaws is primarily achieved through the public complaints process, detailed below.


How to Submit a Bylaw Complaint

If you see that a bylaw is not being followed, please let the District know. All complaints are handled with the utmost confidentiality in accordance with privacy laws.

You can click below to download the Bylaw Complaint Form and then open it in Adobe Reader (free) as it must be digitally signed and submitted OR you can print it, sign it by hand and then scan/photograph-to-email (to, mail it, or submit it in person to Municipal Hall.

For legal reasons [to stand up to a court challenge], most unsigned forms will not be acted on. Likewise, other forms of complaint such as over the phone, in person, and email also cannot be acted on.

If you have questions or other concerns regarding Animal Control, Bylaws, Bylaw Enforcement, or Business Licencing, please contact the District using the contact information provided on the right side of this page.

To submit a non-bylaw complaint for investigation, please click here to create a Concern/Request using our new web form.


Be Bear Aware

For more information on co-habitating responsibly with bears, see this video on bear awareness.